Thursday, May 7, 2009

Our Friend Emilia

I have a great friend in Dakar. Her name is Emilia.

Here she is at her 30th (Surprise!) birthday party

Photobucket

Photobucket

And here she is with Eric and our other great friend Vasso -- the three go-getters swam across the bay and back. (Not me -- too cold and too lazy!)

Photobucket

and here -- look at those guns! I would not want to arm wrestle her.

Photobucket


Here she is trying to read a book to our children, who began to care much less about the story than about lap space. Dessi LOVES her auntie Em.

Photobucket

Good stuff.

2 comments:

Clive and Dawn said...

Hmm I remember 30. Well at least one of my arms is like that (the one that carries a 27lb 2 yr old) lol

Unknown said...

Hi Lindy,
Its Marilena, Emilia's sister - I am so upset I did not meet you and your wonderful family when I was in Dakar, although I must say it feels like I know you guys so well! Love the pic's you posted of my crazy sis - I can't believe they swam across the bay, I would definately sit and watch with you! I look forward to meeting you one day and you are sooooo lucky to hang with my sister every day, I miss her too much (: Lots of luv Marilena xxx