This was an enormous slide. Very long with a big turn in it. I went to the top with Dessi, Eric waited at the bottom. And waited. Because I could not let her go!! (I envisioned her shooting off at the turn.) She got as far as an arm's length down the slide when I grabbed her shirt and dragged her back. Eric had to go down with her. (This photo doesn't do it justice. It was BIIGGG!!)
Here we are on the banks of the Nektar river, where we spent our evenings eating Indian take-out and watching the boats go by. You can kinda see a big red castle across the river and behind us a bit. It's beautiful.
This is another one of the great kids parks -- there were three of them within a few minutes' walk all along the river. So fun.
I think this is Brussels, actually. I just wanted to include it because my hair looks fab.
And here in Baden-Baden, eating cheese sandwiches
and walking along the river where a bazillion different trees and flowers are in bloom.
A few last things we will remember ...
- Bunnies in the park at night and their little white tails shining as they hopped away from us (they were skittish). Dessi LOVED them.
- Bella! Bella! Bella!
- Free hotel minibar, so, sipping champagne by myself durring D's afternoon naps.
- H&M on every corner. Literally.
- Paying $20 roundtrip in taxi fares (because I couldn't figure out the metro) to get to a laundromat and then not being able to figure out the machines. I left after ten minutes of looking pathetic / watching other people do their laundry, and ended up washing clothes in the hotel sink. (The homebound taxi driver said I should have just stood in the middle of the laundromat and shouted, 'Who can help me!?!" It's true -- I didn't try that.)
- Girlie porn shop next to Frankfurt hotel: Inside (h)er. Gay bar one block from Brussels hotel: Homo Erectus. Realization that I'm getting old: Immediate.
- Eric taking a train to the airport and ending up in a wheatfield. (Really, the German metro is difficult to use.)
Announcing a Trump Poetry Contest - Enter my contest for poems about our times and the Trump presidency.
3 days ago