Monday, June 2, 2008

Tara Brach

Some mornings I still have time to listen to a lecture by Tara Brach. She is a Buddhist psychologist and a phenomenal, compassionate teacher. I ran into her organization, the Insight Meditation Community of Washington, when I was in DC for a few months. I had read her book, Radical Acceptance, and thought that, without exaggerating too much, it had kinda changed my life a little. While in DC , I was able to go to weekly meditations and a daylong retreat.

Photobucket

Her lectures are simple and straightforward, no confusing rules or laws, just very logical ideas on how to be more peaceful. The lecture I listened to today, though, was a particularly basic introduction to what her talks are mostly about. All her lectures are free -- you can stream them or download them as iTunes Podcasts. Today's lecture was:

http://imcw.org/audio/2008-01-09-Touching-Enlightenment-with-Our-Body-TaraBrach.mp3

To get to the full list of her podcasts via iTunes, go to:

http://imcw.org/

and click the link to "Tara Brach's podcasts" in the ... I think it's the second paragraph. You'll see it. Just, if it's interesting to you. No pressure. :)

1 comment:

QB said...

Yesssss. I love having new things to listen to/try out. Particularly potentially life changing things. Thanks.