Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Putting my feet up

Still here in Florida; we were supposed to be leaving this afternoon but yesterday got my MRI results back and now will stay another week to have . . . knee surgery. (Meniscus. Two tears. Surgery is straightforward; should be walking in two days. Yoga class two years ago. It's painless unless I move wrong, then it hurts a bit.)

My surgeon is the osteopath for Florida's pro baseball team and I think for another pro team (I can't remember the details), and I feel very secure about the whole thing. I also think it is really time to have it done, as it's been bothering me for two years and last week became suddenly much worse. Of course, if I start to think too hard about it my nervous laughter habit kicks up. So I'm drinking tea and playing muppets with Dessi and eating all this great food you can't get in Senegal, and D will just get even more grandparents love. It's good. This afternoon I'm going to buy the most expensive pyjamas I can find, and prepare for my afternoon off!

Flight is delayed for one week exactly. Wish me luck!!!!

3 comments:

Danni and Tommy said...

Good luck! I'll be thinking of you and sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery.

Anonymous said...

Best of luck and I hope you have a speedy recovery!

QB said...

Good Luck! If you were in Boston and accepting visitors I would bring you some balloons or something. Hope it goes very well and you are up and running in no time.