Sunday, April 27, 2008

What Do You Know?

I knew I wanted to marry my husband from almost the moment I met him, which was a very brief encounter at a bar listening to loud, live music. I knew he had a PhD in African political science, and I knew I didn't know very much at all about Africa, and so before our first date, I studied up. Yes that's right. I rehearsed like a high-school girl, and I tested myself five times daily with this handy little map-quiz. (I only recently admitted this to my husband, who thought it was hysterical but also somewhat startling, I think. (Just when you think you know a woman ... )

Anyway, here's the website. It's fun!

http://www.ilike2learn.com/ilike2learn/africa.html

Here's another good link. Click on it and list all the African countries you can. (You don't have to report your results back to me or anything.) :)

http://mytruepeeps.com/africa.html.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

thanks for the cool sites Lindy!!!
I love that you wanted to marry your man right away. I did too and I told him that if I ever met him again, I would marry him. We met in a pub in Ireland and I left Dublin the next day... He looked me up the following summer and here we are -- I always remind him that I warned him!